and Arts, Parks, Health & Aging Committee was canceled at the last
minute due to lengthy city council meeting on LA Zoo elephant
sanctuary.(that is what we were told).
The proposed ordinance modeled after the City of Portland's mural
ordinance is built around having landlords sign over a 5-year easement
to their property to the city in order to get a mural up on their wall.
( see attached staff reports/recommendations from Dept of Cultural
Affairs and Planning Dept).
Emily and Suzanne attended the meeting to request additional time to
review the staff reports and request that these recommendations be
vetted in the muralist community before action is taken. Currently, we
do not support the staff recommendations.
Please feel free to post your comments or questions.
Send emails to the following, and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org and
Suzanne Thompson at email@example.com regarding your position on
1) Pat Gomez - Dept of Cultural Affairs Pat Gomez - Pat.Gomez@lacity.org
2) Alan Bell - LA City Planning - Alan.Bell@lacity.org
3) Councilman Tom LaBonge - Chair Arts, Parks, Health & Aging Committee
4) Councilman Ed Reyes - Chair PLUM (planning land use management
5) cc: Councilman Bill Rosendahl - Councilman.Rosendahl@lacity.org
6) Rosendahl's Chief of Staff - Mike Bonin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
7) his Venice Deputy - Arturo.Pina@lacity.org
We would appreciate being kept informed of any communications you have
with the city on this matter.
Emily Winters, Chair
Venice Arts Council
Venice Arts Council, Co-Founder
Endangered Art Fund, Chair